Julie Graber, CEO
Julie Graber is the CEO of the Institute on Women, an independent research institute focused on improving the lives of women and girls in Ohio by serving as a data-rich resource for individuals and organizations working for strategic change. Graber’s previous experience includes twenty years as president of Brains for Business, a consulting firm that provides strategic planning and organizational development services to the not-for-profit community, as well as stints as the senior vice president at COSI, Ohio’s Center of Science & Industry, and as the head of community affairs for CompuServe.
Graber has been active in the community and served as a board member and officer of numerous organizations, including service as president of the board of WELD (Women for Economic and Leadership Development), the Columbus AIDS Task Force and the Columbus Metropolitan Club. She currently serves as a trustee of Antioch University Midwest and ION, a national network of organizations that publish census reports on women in leadership in their community. Graber also serves as a co-chair of the Advocacy Committee of the Women's Leadership Council of the United Way of Central Ohio.
Graber was recognized by the YWCA of Columbus as a “Woman of Achievement” in 2007 for her lifelong commitment to research and advocacy work for women, and she is a frequent speaker on a range of topics related to women’s leadership and power. Graber received an MA in women’s studies from Antioch University McGregor and a BS in retail marketing from OSU.
Research On Women & Power:
Central Ohio Women's Power Index
- Annual benchmarking of women in leadership roles in 13 categories in Central Ohio (2004-2007).
On the Web:
- WELD Panel Participant, April 2011 - Public Policy Forum
- NAWBO Columbus Panel Moderator, April 2011 - The Road to Success
- Women in Franklin County, Women's Leadership Council, Central Ohio United Way, 12/2009
- Momentum 2010 Conference Call, September 2009
- The Women's Book Premiere Edition, 2009
- Ohio Women's Equality Day, Columbus Dispatch, August 2009
- Swing State Blog on Huffington Post, Nov. 3, 2008
- Write Like She Talks Blog Post, November 2008
- AAUW Ohio State Convention, May 2008
- Women and the 2008 Presidential Elections, NAWBO, March 2008
- Women at the Table: Now More Than Ever
- Megatrends for Women
- Power 1.0 for Women